What Distinguishes A Signature? We Break Down The 2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature Differentiation
December 20 2018, Centennial Mazda
It's the tangible, material, actual, discernible touches that Mazda uses to distinguish its Signature models from other vehicles in its lineup.
Signature trim first became a part of the second-generation Mazda CX-9 lineup. For 2018, Signature trim became a part of the Mazda 6 sedan family. And now, for 2019, Signature is an available upgrade on the revitalized CX-5 lineup.
It's much more than a badge, however. Signature includes numerous luxury upgrades that bring even more sophistication to the already upmarket CX-5 cabin. Yet it starts under the hood, where the 2.5-liter turbocharged engine from the Mazda CX-9 and Mazda 6 already on sale at Centennial Mazda - with 310 lb-ft of torque - is now standard equipment in the CX-5 Signature. (It's also available as an option in the CX-5 GT, while the naturally aspirated 187-horsepower 2.5-liter is part of the package in the CX-5 GX and GS.)
The CX-5 Signature is then fitted with distinctive gunmetal 19-inch alloy wheels to set apart the exterior.
- Inside, the upholstery is upgraded to Cocoa Nappa leather.
- The front and rear door panels are clad in Abachi wood trim.
- The dash receives its own treatment of Abachi trim.
- The rearview mirror is a frameless unit.
- There's a 7-inch LCD gauge display.
- The roof lining is upgraded.
- There's LED interior lighting.
- Even the switches for the glove box and power seats are upgraded with satin chrome plating.
Collectively, it adds up to an interior that's set apart, a cabin that'll embarrass many so-called "luxury SUVs." After all, the CX-5 Signature is already an equipment powerhouse:
- heated and cooled front seats, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats
- memory functions for the power driver's seat and a 6-way power front passenger seat
- power liftgate
- Bose audio with Centerpoint 2 Surround technology
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto integration
- radar cruise control, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, smart city brake support, pedestrian detection, lane keep assist, auto high beams
- adaptive front lighting
- colour windshield-projected active driving display
Plus, i-ACTIV all-wheel-drive, a remarkably intuitive system, is also part of every 2019 CX-5 Signature.